Actually, those two new kernels were downloaded when I ran Mandrake update,
after the initial installation of 7.1. So, they were downloaded as rpm's (?)
from Mandrake's mirror site. But, I think that the kernel rpm's still have to
be installed, although I don't know if this means they need to be compiled.

Let me take that back, I know they don't have to be compiled because that is
why the RPM format exists. It is a precompiled package of any particular source
code.

The thing that I do not know is if I only need to run the command
"install-kernel" or "install-kernel 2.2.16-9mdksecure"? Then, is all I need to
do is reference that particular kernel as default in /etc/lilo.conf or GRUB?

Although, I did find (Late last night) fairly detailed documentation on the
Mandrake website for compiling and installing new or custom kernels. I think
that I'llgive them a thorough read through and just follow the directions from
the point after compiling the source code for a new kernel.

Victor