I just used Mandrake Update in version 7.1 for the first time and
everything went smoothly (I assume). It updated a lot of packages, but
the one I am most interested in is the new kernel 2.2.16-9mdk. I looked
in /etc/lilo.conf and there are two new entries:

* Add by install-kernel
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-9mdk
    label=2.2.16-9mdk
    root=/dev/sda6
    read-only
    optional

* Add by install-kernel
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-9mdksecure
    label=2.2.16-9mdksecure
    root=/dev/sda6
    read-only
    optional

I assume that since both still contain the "mdk" in their name that they

have not been installed yet. Although, when I look in KPackage it shows
the kernels installed. Or, does this mean that the Mandrake Updater
actually installed them? If not, exactly what so I need to do to get the

secure kernel installed properly.

After I install the new secure kernel do I still need the old kernel and

the regular 2.2.16-9? And if not, how do I remove them?

Any suggestions appreciated,

Victor