Charles A Edwards wrote:

> John
>    The install will allow you to partition for dual boot.Or if you have the
> 7.0 Complete you can install PM from disk #3 and resize your Win partition
> with it.
>
>    Charles

Thanks for your message. I dont think I'm the original John and I dont have a
6Ghz drive. However I do have Linux Mandrake 7.0 Deluxe installed on a P 200
MMX 80M Ram, 4GB drive. Got the Video, Sound, NIC, & Modem all working. Got
connected to my ISP using Netscape. So far I'm pretty impressed.

My questions are with Adobe Acrobat Reader V4.0. I dont understand well how
TAR and gzip works.  Do you have to unarchive and also uncompress the files or
what? Again I'm a Linux newbie.  I also have a graphical utility called
"Archiver"  which seems to be able to view the compressed file contents but
seems to have a problem extracting out to a new folder  at
/home/popi/desktop/Acrobat . On one attempt it locked up the  computer and I
had to hard restart.

Also does my copy of this have a DNS server available? Also is the host name
aliase in DrakeConf Network in any way a netbios computer name ? And is there
a way it can have a netbios name as well as a host name?

Also Do the extra 2, 3, 4 desktops take up extra memory? If so how do I close
them so number one desktop has all to itself?