Paul wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, John Gist wrote:
>
> >I am getting ready to do my first 7.0 install.  I have a 6Ghz drive with
> >Win 95 which I want to keep.  If I  install by booting from the #1 CD
> >will I be offered the chance to partition for dual boot or will my 95 be
> >wiped?
>
> You will be offered the option to repartition, but you should make sure
> beforehand that you have free space (non-partitioned) before you
> start. Repartitioning from inside the install will cause your existing
> partition to be killed.
>
> Best tool for you would be partition magic.
>
> Paul

Thanks for your reply Paul.
I should have said in my original post that my 6Gig drive with Win 95 on it
is all one partition.  That's why I was wondering if what was already on
there would be wiped.  I bought Partition Magic and have spent the last two
weeks trying to get it to work.  For some reason it will not work on the
Maxtor drive in my Sony computer.  When it is told to make changes it drops
to dos and dies.  Because of that I was hoping that I would be offered the
opportunity to do the partitioning from within the install and still have my
Win 95 to use as a backup for my main computer.

Thanks
John