Paul wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, John Murphy wrote:
>
> >Can anyone give me an idea on how track down what changed. I did a re-install
> >of KDEbase and KDEadmin from CD but still have the same problem.
> >
> >John
>
> Hi John,
> It sounds at least as if your application associations got messed up
> bigtime.
>
> Perhaps creating a new temporary user would help. Log in as that user, run
> X-windows and check the mimetypes and set-up applications. After that you
> should be able to get going in copying the .kde/share/applnk and
> .kde/share/mimelnk folders from the temp-user to your own ~/.kde/share
> directory. chown them, and things should be pretty much back to normal
> again.
> If someone else has a better idea, then just forget what I said.
>
> Good luck,
> Paul
>
> --
> The deepest truth cannot be spoken
>
> )0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
> http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
> Registered  Linux  User   174403

Hey there
No - sorry - I can't help to solve the problem, but I am in the same situation,
and will try an 'upgrade' install, to help with my problems. My major problem
after having install and indeed uninstalled, is that I have to change my mouse
settings after each log-in - my normal value for acceleration is 8, where I only
gets 2 (default value) after log-in.
By the way - why do they call it a Linux program, when it installs/requires WINE
to operate?
Sincerely
Mogens Jęger