That's a pretty common problem. I've got a Canon BJC6000 and there aren't
"any" drivers or support for this printer. What I did was use one
of the drivers for an older, earlier Canon model and for what
ever reason it's printing. There's a utility in Mandrake 7.1 called
g-print. Give this a try and see if it helps you.

I would suggest though that you try all of the most likely drivers in
there for HP before you attempt to convert your queue to anything
else. Chances are pretty good that one of the existing drivers will work
for you.

--
Mark

I love my Linux Box...
        REASON # 2 ...X-windows is just a suedonym.
        Registered Linux user # 182496