Hugo,

I don't think the problem is with your sound card. I have the same
trouble with Gnome in my installation. Some things work and others
don't. Gnome sounds is one of them. I know that the sound works because
I configured the sound easily enough over the weekend using sndconfig.
When Netscape encounters something with a sound file embedded on it the
sound plays fine. IN fact, the sound is much better then than it ever
was in Windows.

I just can't seem to figure out why I can't play music CD's in Linux,
unless Linux requires a physical connection between the CDROM and the
sound card.

--
Mark

I love my Linux box...