On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Alexander Skwar wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 07:42:15PM -0500, Gil Baron W0MN wrote:
>> After my troubles with 7.1 I have about the same feeling. I am doing this as
>> a learning experience and something to play with. It is obvious that for
>> serious work for the home user, LINUX is NOT there yet. Maybe some day.
>
>Yeah, right.  And Windows is ready?  Come on, get a life.

Windows is never ready. It took Microsoft 10 years to produce 1 windows
manager. Linux has more than 5 already.

I have had Win2k on my machine for 6 weeks, and Win2k keeled over dead 10
times in that period. In the 4 months that I am continuously running Linux
(MDK 7.0 and 7.1) I managed to lock up the system once.
Win98 is as unstable as an egg with a bad hairday. The only thing I can
sort of appreciate is Win NT4/sp6, but that is a terror to maintain. But
for people who thrive on games that is not an alternative. (Btw I do not
play games on computers.)

'nuff said.

Paul

--
Nobody ever forgets where he buried the hatchet.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403