Jeff Malka wrote:

> Let's stop this thread PLEASE.  Those who prefer windoze are welcome to use
> it and stop clogging our newslist.

Agreed, normally I would sit out a thread like this, which I did with
the html vs txt, and its related threads. But this one is different, a
brother Ham was involved, and I didn't want him to go away mad, or go
away at all.

I was sucked into Linux by the W2LI Computer Net, and now I'm here to
stay. I intend to do my best to suck as many other Hams into Linux as
possible too.

We hams, as one poster pointed out, are a small sample of the linux
community, but we have contributed enormously to its cause. We were
doing wireless packet before the big guns thought it was feasible. I
suspect we invented the concept of open source code too.! Like it or
not, Ham Radio Operators are the father of electronics, including
computers, Linux, etc... And they will flock to, and contribute to
Linux, if we give them the chance to see the "light."

> Excuse this additional clogging here.  I usually delete unread all the
> messages in this thread but am tired of seeing them.

Off topic threads would be a little less annoying if the email server
didn't drag them out for hours.

> Jeff Malka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Registered Linux user  183185

Darryl Gibson N2DIY