I just did a fresh install. I did the custom server install and added
only one individual package which was RPMDrake. Everything worked
great. However, once I loaded RPMDrake so I could install additional
packages, I ran into a strange problem. At first things went well and
I installed a couple of packages. Then when picking a package that
was located on cdrom1, it ejected the disk in the drive which was
cdrom1 and asked me to insert cdrom1. It then proceeded to do
nothing. This occurred several times.

I opened up a terminal window and entered the command:

cd /mnt/cdrom/

and then I did an ls and there was nothing there. Remembering that
the RPMs were under Mandrake I then did a:

cd Mandrake

which it took me to and upon doing an ls, it listed what should have
been under /mnt/cdrom/. I could then do

cd Mandrake to get into the actual Mandrake directory. However, it
seems clear that this is the problem that is preventing RPMDrake from
doing an install of the packages. Any idea what could cause such a
problem and how I can fix it?

In summary, the cdrom1 directory which is supposed to be at:

/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS/

is instead at:

/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/Mandrake/RPMS/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.