Actually, I did the automatic install and was using
xfree 3.6.  I checked to be sure before I went for it.

I installed 7.02 last night, got my mouse wheel, 3dfx
glide stuff, staroffice, quake3, scsi emulation for my
cd r/w and a host of other "house keeping" things
taken care of in less then three hours.  It runs
happily, everything works and I'm pretty much going to
upgrade only for security patches and needed hardware
support from now on.  Why screw with something that
works so excellently?

Thanks for your insight though Alan.  I always
appreciate you emails.

Dacia