Am I missing something ? I thought the purpose of this list was that it be a
place where newbies could look for help.
There are any number of forums open to those who wish to criticise the
preferences of others.
I have been a member of this group for a few months now and have both received
and given help from/to others and am saddened to see that it is now
degenerating into a platform for what can only be described as rants.
I and I am sure many like me, aren't interested in Windows bashing, could
really care less about the html v text views that have littered this group of
late and are really only interested in Linux-specific issues, particularly
Mandrake.
In posting this message I too am guilty of going off topic but please, let's be
responsible and use this list for the purpose for which I believe it was
intended - mutual assistance.