this has happend to me too. what i did was change my screensaver , let it run
awhile and then switched it back tox-screensaver. my machine now runs
forever with the screensaver running. by th way this screensaver would cost
20 to 30 dollars on that other operating system. its in the mix with
mandrake 7.1 now if i could just find a store in austin that carries
penguin toys........