Wahoo!

Thanks to all who helped me figure out that it was indeed the lack of domain and
nameserver info in my setup that was stopping me in my tracks!!

I COULD Ping IP Addresses .... haven't been able to ping in years (well, they
make medication for that now, called Linux!), but couldn't ping names (I'd
forgotten this simple check, but would NOT have known to pester my ISP for the
data .... 'course they wanted to ensure they knew who I was before telling me
... now they're prob. watching my every move <grin>).

I have LOTS more questions, but will try to space them out!!

Thanks again,

--tim