Hi guys...
I am trying to make my modem work under linux. I have a Motorola SM56
modem, itīs a PCI one.The specs say it is designed for windows, however
I was told that if it shows as Communication controller on my /proc/pci
I could make it work.
So, it does really shows as comm controller, however I am not getting to

make it work with the setserial commands.
Looking at /var/log file, I can see two serial ports, ttyS0 and ttyS1.
My modem is using COM4 under windows.
Do I have to use de makedev to make this com available for my modem ?
Other thing, at the /proc/pci looking in the comm. controller it does
not show the I/O port used, I can see that with the setserial -a
/dev/ttyS3 though.
Is this correct ??? Because using the two setserial commands to set the
modem, did not work for me, I kept getting the message, modem busy.
If you guys have any ideias, please tell me.
Thanks !!!