Sorry to have to give you the bad news...

But quoting from Motorola's own Web site...

"SM56 Software Modem (PCI-2) - NEW!
The SM56 PCI-2 Software Modem is an improved Host Signal Processing (HSP)
based modem with both controller and datapump functions executing on the
PC's processor"

In other words, like most PCI modems, it's a Winmodem.

You should replace it.

-JMS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]