Thanks for the URL.  I'll have to recommend it to all of my associates.

Seve

On 7/22/00, 5:51:23 PM, "Adrian Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding
Re: [newbie] Linux security in Internet:

> I have been visiting www.grc.com for quite some time under Windoze98 &
checking it out.  Steve's site is wonderful -- if you use Windoze98 or
such, you should check it out & explore some of the software Steve
recomends.  I have not been there under  Linux (haven't gotten connected
yet, still working on that).

> As to your "open" ports, I would expect that yes, it means you have a
security problem.  I'm not sure if Steve's security check is "geared" to
Linux (does it really matter???  I don't know).  You might send him an
email & ask.

> Since this is a newbie list (and I'm one of 'em), if you are not familier
with internet security issues, this is a great place to learn.