umm.  libglide2x.so is a Glide library for a voodoo2
card.  You can't use Glide because you don't have a
3dfx based card.  In order to use 3D hardware
acceleration with a rage fury maxx you will need to
install xfree86 4.01.  Read the supported hardware
list first though because the Maxx might not be
supported yet.  The rage pro and rage 128 chipsets are
though and the Maxx is 2 rage pro's so it might work.

Gaming in linux is truly a beautiful thing.  Good luck
getting this running.

Dacia