Goto www.lokigames.com ... I'm sure they'll have some help for setting up 3d
under support then gldrivers.  Glide is a proprietary api created by 3dfx.
It hasn't recieved any native support in quite a while (maybe 2 years?!) with
the exception of Descent 3.  At any rate, your problem isn't glide.  It is
either 3d acceleration isn't properly setup on your system ... goto loki.  Or
you not specify the opengl driver for you card ... vim the q3 readme.  Good
luck.

Larry