"Ronald J. Hall" wrote:

> Romanator wrote:
> >
> > Nyuk..Nyuk..
>
> <grin> Seriously though, isn't it a well documented fact that MS
> has "acquired" (and I use that term loosely!) much of Windoze code?
>
> PS For example, the compression (HD) software. Didn't they have
> to buy the code from a small company that was suing them? ;-)
>
> --
>                                                                /\
>                                                            Dark><Lord
>                                                                \/

I am not 100% sure but it sounds familiar. They have purchased a lot of
the smaller companies that provide coding, installation, uninstall,
'dll' stuff. A fair chunk of the coding is not necessarily written
inside the Microsoft building. They own many smaller companies that
contribute to the general product.
Can you imagine if you had a smaller software producing good software,
and then you tried to
challenge Microsoft. Not only will they buy your company through the
courts, and, if you don't
agree or conform with their philosophy, they will boot you out of your
own company.

--
Roman
Registered Linux User #179293