On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, cilia wrote:

>Dear People,
>
>Would appreciate any help on the above.  I am a newcomer and am having a lot
>of grieve installing an Acer or even a Generic monitor on 6.5 Ver
>LinuxMandrake.
>
>I have an sis 6326 Graphics Card and it seems that it recognises that.
>However even trying Xconfigurator to configure monitor  I have followed
>instructions but I seem to get black rectangles where text should be in
>dialogue boxes.  Graphics seem to be ok when i startx.

Try starting out with a lower resolution (like 800x600) and 16bit colors.
That often helps. If you are trying to set things up with this already
(please supply more info) then try 256 colors.

Paul

--
Economist:
someone who wonders if it works in theory

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403
-=PINE 4.21+Linux Mandrake 7.1=-