> Dear People,
>
> Would appreciate any help on the above.  I am a newcomer and am having a lot
> of grieve installing an Acer or even a Generic monitor on 6.5 Ver
> LinuxMandrake.
>
> I have an sis 6326 Graphics Card and it seems that it recognises that.
> However even trying Xconfigurator to configure monitor  I have followed
> instructions but I seem to get black rectangles where text should be in
> dialogue boxes.  Graphics seem to be ok when i startx.
>
> Thanks. Any help would be appreciated
>
> Anthony Cilia

Hi Anthony,

Try adding the following line to the Device section of the
/etc/X11/XF86Config file:

Option    "no_bitblt"

The second and better solution is to visit the Suse web site at
www.suse.de/en and search for the Xsis X server. Install this on your
system and then create a symlink to it from
/usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA to /usr/X11R6/bin/XFCom_SiS. Remove the
Option    "no_bitblt" from your XF86Config file (placing a hash # sign
in front will rem it). It ought to work perfectly with full acceleration
and high resolution.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve