Well I have wasted 4hrs trying to get Mandrake 7.1 to install on my P233.
Specs : P233w/mmx, 40Mb EDO RAM, 2Mb S3Trio64, 4.37Gig Fujitsu HD, LITE-ON
20x CDROM, Triton BII M/Board.

The installer either dumps out the stack on Stage 2 or just stops working.
I have tried it in both GUI & text mode.
It seems to be hanging when detecting of HD, but I am not 100% sure on this.

I have looked through earlier posts & it appears only 2 other people have
had this problem, but no solutions were given.  The Linux Mandrake is 7.1
given away on Maximum Linux magazine August/September.

Can someone help me please as I have had to put on RH6.1 for now just to
show it is not a hardware issue.

Thanks in advance,

Sand.