On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Hey I just joined this group because I just bought my
> first version of linux (mandrake 7.1)..I don't know to
> much about it yet so I don't want to bug you all with
> stupid little questions :)  but I was wondering.. I
> bought this mainly to program in (in C)  can someone
> kinda walk me through how to write,compile, and link
> it?  I know that could end up being a lengthy answer
> but if you can help me I would appreciate it :)
> Adam  "the new linux guy"

    Install (or upgrade to), 'expert' and 'developement'.  This will
insure you have everything need to compile.  Also apps like code
Commander and Kdevelope will be installed.  You'll then need to
choose one, or install something else, and explore it's docs till
you learn how to use it.
 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]