Hello
I have reading these post about the Logitech first + mouse.
I also have one and have been trying to get the wheel to work.
I tryed some of the things that I have seen here but at best I got it to work
with only a very few programs like the Gnome gEdit but not netscape any of my
mail clients.
Below is a copy of the pointer section of the /etc/X11/XF86Config file
Section "pointer