I figured out the problem. I did not have permission to write to the imwheel.pid file.
so I logged in as su, gave myself permission, and now it works like a charm.
Thank-you very much for all your help. I know that you must get annoyed at all these
little mistakes that us newbies make.
Thanks again
tim

--
Registered Linux user number 186192
-----

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://home.netscape.com/webmail/