I've two computers. One box is set up as a
gateway/proxy/ipmasquerating/etc. which I connect to the net via dialup. I
surf from my main computer which is connected to this gateway box via ethernet.
This all works fine.

BTW, the "Demos" tutorials on the Mandrake site were instrumental in helping me
get networking, firewall and ipmasquerading set up.

My question is how can I start the modem, which is connected to the gateway,
from my personal workstation; i.e. how can I dialup from my workstation if the
modem is connected to the gateway. I hope that's clear.  ;-)

Thanks.

-Stan