On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Gary wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 06:32:37PM +0100 or thereabouts, Paul wrote:
>> Most decent SCSI scanners will do. I have  a simple Mustek scanner and
>> that performs great (once i have the color settings figured out.)
>
>Paul,
>How did you get yours to work.  Sane is installed, but I have yet to
>get it going.  It does not recognize it as a device, and I am having
>trouble. Can you shed some light?  Thanks

In fact there was very little to it.
1. Make sure your scanner is turned on when booting, so the scsi card
reports the scanner when it is initialized.
2. run xscanimage. That is what did all the work for me. It detected a
scanner, asked me if I own a Mustek scanner, I said yes, and then
xscanimage told me to scan away.

That's all I did, so far all I can tell you. Hope this helps a little

Paul

--
No one gets a second chance
for a first impression