In addition to pmfirewall (and yes, the URL is correct) I would visit
www.psionic.com and download portsentry and logcheck. Hostsentry is a good
utility also.

Portsentry will listen to all the ports to detect port scanning, and react
in less than a second to block the IP address of the offending host.

I use both pmfirewall and portsentry and when I had www.hackerwhacker.com
run a harsh external nmap scan on my machine, portsentry block hackerwhacker
and they couldn't finish the scan. Actually, a good thing... but i think I
should have set their IP to ignore in portsentry just so I could get the
results...no big deal at this point. It works just great!

--Greg

> If you have a NEW installation of LM 7.1 and the security is set to low,
you
> will have a fairly open system.  You need to install a method to close
these
> ports from ipchains.  I would recommend using a very easy utility called
> pmfirewall.  It saved me lots of time and did about 90 percent of the work
> for me in the firewall I just set up for a HUGE customer.  I think that
the
> url is www.pointman.org This is the direction I would point you in for
> security....Also, I would recommend some reading on the ipchains,
> masquerading, and firewalling HOWTOs.  These are really great reading from
> security standpoint.
>
> Steve Weltman
> (from Beijing)

Vous avez un site perso ?
2 millions de francs à gagner sur i(france) !
Webmasters : ZE CONCOURS ! http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/concours.emailif