Is this a PCI modem?  What did you do to configure it?  I have a
USRobotics / 3Com internal modem, 56K PCI PnP faxmodem to deal with.  Last
time I tried (LinuxMandrake 7.0) isapnp detected it's configuration wrong &
stopped with error messages (including errors at boot).  Before I got back to
this I corrupted my LinuxMandrake install.  I have reinstalled LM 7.0 and
re-upgraded to 7.1 due to a problem with XFree86 which left the screen
illegible.
    Please pardon the late reply, I'm still catching up with newbie emails.
-Gary-

In a message dated 9/4/2000 8:44:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,