hehehehehe

you are sooo doomed.

I also picked up linux in a whim.  My roommate had a copy of mandrake
5.2 that sat on a shelf for months on end.  One day I bought a new hard
drive and I decided to put linux on it.  I got it installed on the first
try too but I couldn't get my modem working so I didn't use it very
often.  Then I got DSL and downloaded mandrake 7.02 about nine months
ago.  Since then I only use windows to play Half-Life & CS.

My advice is to tackle the things in your install that don't work the
way you want em to one at a time.  In a very short time you will find
yourself answering questions on this list as often as you ask them.

Abe