ah.. to be 15... :-)  and its not possible to be a total failure at that
age - nor at any age !

I think you're doing fine - just calm down, chill and take a deeeep breath
and you'll be able to tackle your display problem. You haven't had fun yet
until you get the huge white cursor that takes up 3/4 of your screen :-D

cheers,
philomena

p.s. I have a stuffed penguin too - given to me by a friend who conned it
out of the linuxmall people at the linux expo in nyc last Feb