"Rick Bonczek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I installed a network installation (as root) of Star Office 5.2 by using
> command:
> ./so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin -net  (many thanks to Austin L. Denyer)
>
> But now, how can I give a user Rights to access the directory to make the
> user installation?
> The user installation is don by running: ROOT/Office52/Program/setup
> But the user does not have right to do this?
>
> How do I give the user rights to the ROOT/Office52/ directory?
>
> Rick Bonczek
> Systems Administrator
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -or- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
==================
Try this Rick:
In a file manager, click on the executable "soffice" (should be in the bin
subdirectory of Soffice52).
This should automatically launch the install program for any user.  Just
choose network install which will install just a couple of mb in your ~
folder.  Then it will be useable by that user.  You'll need to do that for
each user you want to give access to SO.
HTH,
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me."
        --Winston Churchill

http://home.netscape.com/webmail