On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> I so embarrased about asking this but how do I add a shortcut to the KDE
> desktop.  Do I right click and select New -> Application?  It says
> Program.kdelnk, but I'm not sure what to do with it.  Do I replace that is
> /usr/bin/foo or something?

Replace Progam.kdelnk with whatever name you want on the desktop eg FRED.kdelnk
Press enter or click OK

This will bring up KFM.

There are 4 tabs on the top marked General, Permissions, Execute & Application

General will show the name you have assigned to kdelnk in this example
FRED.kdelnk

Set permissions as needed probably turn on execute permissions

Execute set to the path of the program you want to run /usr/bin/FRED

Click the icon and choose a custom one

Click OK

Done

--