I have been haveing this problem with what are supposed to be "so easy"
tarballs. I have no problem extracting them but when I go to ./configure; make
and make install I get ALL sorts of errors...for instance let me take you to
my world when I try and install keasycd.

I am in KDE so I open the Konsole
I have already extracted keasycd...no problem
Now I run ./configure..nothing looks TOO unusual.
Now I run make (where the problems usually begin)
Now I get 32 No such file or directory errors from the header files.
I got three error 1s and one error 2.
I don't even bother to run make install, but if I did it won't install
anyways.

Trust me...most of the time this is not the only thing that goes exactly like
this, which makes me want to revert to RPMs (if available)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Starz McCllelan