I recently installed a copy of mandrake linus 7.1 onto my 533 thalon K-6 machine,,Compaq..having problems with sound card config..it an ESS Allegro PCI....and modem..a PCtel HSP 56 micromodem...I think I found the right settings in
KPP, but when I try it says modem is busy..which it isn't....suggestions to fix these two things,,also..tried to use open sound from CD, but couldn't get install program to run...did get it on my local root in tmp..click on install..no go..if I can do this , might fix sound...
Thanks