Ralph Avery wrote:
[snip]
> First Question:
>
> I recently tried to install Linux-Mandrake 6.5 or 6.2 (Whichever the case
> may be, the cover says both) I already have Win 98, Win 2K, and Win NT on
> this computer, so I bought another hard drive for Linux.  I used Partition
> commander to create a Linux partition on the second hard drive (Both a
> regular linux partition, and a swap partition).  I installed it according to
> the rules, but LILO won't install.  I can boot it from the boot disk that I
> created, but I can't boot it otherwise.  I tried to read up on it in the
> manual, but that's in a different language.

Ralph....login as root (or 'su -' to root) and in a console
type:

 lilo

lilo should now be installed where you told it to be installed
when you installed Mandrake.

> Second question:
>
> I booted Linux with the boot disk, and the GUI takes up more than my screen.
> I can go to the right, left, up, or down with the mouse and it will follow
> it, but it really seems strange.  Is this normal?

Yes, kinda'.  :-)  Press ctl-alt and then either the plus or
minus key as many times as it takes to get the screen back to
the way it was when you started.  You've just toggled through
all of the resolutions that were set during the installation.
Only the highest resolution will fill the screen without any
part being hidden.

Alan