>  I am connecting to Bell Canada's HSE service in Toronto Canada.
>
>  My system config is P300A, 64MB ram, abit motherboard, DLINK Ethernet
>  card.

I can't help interpret your problem but will say that I'm using Bell Canada's
HSE as well, here in Quebec.  All I did was download the pppo package from
Roaring Penguin, run the install and enter the basice IP information and it
worked.  The only glitch was that I had decided that it was talking to eth1 and
it was actually eth0.  That changed, it's worked flawlessly ever since...thus
my ignorance of problems.

Cheers --- Larry