In a message dated 29-Sep-00 08:31:50 Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< No it is not that simple.

 I frequently used to work overseas.  I collected my e-mail using a
 laptop/cellphone, often at 2400bps due to poor international connectivity,
 at International roaming rates ($1.60/minute).  At that rate, a 10k (with
 headers) post would take over 40 seconds to download, costing me personally
 over a buck. >>
hmm i guess i cheat all i recieve is the subject heading and who its from i
connect lower then 26kbps and it just takes a split second to delete it,
however i do have to pay the millitary phone service to use the phone for a
local call at $.56/a day and each call is $.04 the first minute $.01 each
aditional minute so to be online every day which i usually do to keep in
touch with family and friends, i spend over $200 a month for internet access
plus the isp's fees, add in my other bills and i barely get by on what the
navy pays me, at the same time i have to worry about supporting my family!