> No you don't. Just set your email host up with the filters you want. It's
> not at all hard unless you have a retarded server. *shrugs*

Which is fine if your ISP allows it (I do not have my own permanent mail
server yet).

> It's not just about OT messages. If a list is moderated then fine let it
> be moderated. If not then anything that even vaugely relates should be
> fine. When people start telling others what they can or can't talk about
> then things just go to hell w/ flame wars etc. A new list is great but
> that doesn't mean everyone should stop the current thread. You post
> messages to a list for the benefit of that list seeing and
> responding. Sending to a blank new list is pointless.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious here, but what the fsck is it about US
Politics that "even vaguely relates" to Linux?  Please, humor me, this
bemused Linux user is eager to learn...

I agree that "you post messages to a list for the benefit of that list
seeing and responding".

BUT

What makes you think that the Mandrake Linux Newbie list members (many of
whom are from other countries) are even remotely interested in US politics?

If I want Linux information then I sign up to a Linux list.  If I want that
political crap I'll sign up to a US politics list.

Regards,
Ozz.
(Who is about ready to quit this list until the twits get a clue)