On Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:44:56 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

>When you run 'ifconfig' does it show up as eth0 or something like that? If
>not you might try using netcfg to setup the networking to know about the
>ethernet card and your connections settings.

OK, what I get is this:

lo      Link encap:Local Loopback
        inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
        UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:3924 Metric:1
        RX packets:() errors:() dropped:() overruns:() frame:()
        TX packets:() errors:() dropped:() overruns:() carrier:()
        collisions:() txqueuelen:()

Should I glean anything from that?