OK, I'm going to assume you set both linux boxes up the same way, probably
using the default services. You might want to check to see that pump is
running (in terminal, type:  top   "pump" should be listed, or dhcpcd if you
chose to install that instead).

In the configuration, have you given the workstation a name with a
convention different from the one that does lease an IP from the router?

If you take the 1st linux box off the LAN, and try to put the "4th" one in
it's place (the one that can't get an IP)... does this machine get the
lease? Or is it still dead?

Have you tried using linuxconf to configure the NIC on the "4th" linux box?
If not, try going to Basic Host Configuration, and selecting eth0 on that
machine... leave everything blank--even the host name--and just select
activate at boot, and DHCP.

If all else seems fine, here's an embarrassing move that must get me at
least once a month--check the cable to see that you haven't put one in with
a short or a break in it. I really can't count how many times I've installed
a workstation and fuss around for an hour or so thinking I've made a
configuration error, and it's the damned cable.

Let me know what happens...

--Greg  (I don't need my last initial here, do I? You know you're not me!)