Alan:
Here's a thought: I found an old (1998) copy of my Netscape bookmarks on
my windows d: drive that I'd forgotten about. I made a bookmark to that
file from Linux' Netscape, and I'm able to use them just like I did back
then. If Netscape will read Opera bookmarks, that might work for you.
Or, if you decide to install the Linux Opera as suggested elsewhere in
this thread, you should be able to copy the windows version to Linux.
HTH
-- cmg