Larry:
Through the intervening years, there have been a lot of changes to this
PC. Not all of them were planned - like the HD wipeout, wandering from
Win 3.1 to win 95 to win 98 to Redhat 6 to Mandrake 7 to Mandrake 7.1.
This was an old file used as a backup probably when I installed IE 4 in
place of Netscape 4.something. I happened to find them the other night,
and was curious to see what they contained; hence the workaround. Some
of them are dead, some are in my current bookmarks (and favorites), and
some have been forgotten. I did find one or two of value, and those are
now in my current bookmarks. I only posted this as a simple way for Alan
to test out his Opera bookmarks in Netscape. I wouldn't recommend it as
a standard practice, although it did work quite well. I guess I
shouldn't be surprised, but I am a newbie, after all --
Regards,
Carroll