"Wignall, Mark T" wrote:

> In summary, my question is this.  Is this the best/only approach I can take
> in setting up my environment?  Is there a way to accomplish this by setting
> up my own route tables?  The reason I ask is because when everything is
> "idle" on my network, I see blips on the DSL modem about every 3 seconds or
> so.  I've narrowed it down to the bridge stuff, as I can bring the bridge
> down, and the blipping stops.  I don't know what is happening, and I don't
> believe that the bridge is impacting performance much, still I don't know,
> so I thought I'd pose the question to the experts out there.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mark Wignall
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am by no means an expert with routing, firewalls, etal. However have you
considered the Linux Router Project (LRP)? I think it can do what you want from
the gaming aspect plus a lot more. Its compact in size (the whole thing will
fit on one floppy disk), will run on a 486 on up and a lot more. A good place
to start is:

http://lrp.c0wz.com/

Since you now have static IPs, my guess, it should be easy.