I'm not sure I understand your question, but what if you use a
Linksys BEFSR41 router as your firewall?  Then connect the
various computers to the router.  Will that work?  (I'm not
into any computer games outside of the occasional solitaire or
Windows Pinball (really well done, I think!)) But I do have the
router, and you can set it up to stealth (hide) your computer
completely!  (You need the latest software from the net.)
And it's easy. Even I can do it!  --doug, wa2say