Hi all,
Not to beat a dead horse but yes I can assure you all that windoze cannot
see linux. Windoze cant see anything outside of its partition, except linux
can see windows. Personally I would uninstall linux and format your C drive
and reinstall windoze and use partition magic and reinstall linux clean. If
that still doesnt work then get a new hard drive because then it really is
a hardware issue. I run scandisk and defrag once a month and it has never
hurt my linux partition. Give it a go and let us know what happens.

                                           Chronos.