Dust is a major problem if you leave the cover off a computer. If you allow a
blanket of dust to form, then heat buildup can definitely be worse than with
the cover on. Fans are cheap nowadays, I think you should get an extra one.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
        "One World, One Web, One Programme" - Microsoft Promotional Ad.