hmm well i have done many things with my system and i have lived just about
everywhere, i never had one over heat, but one thing i do is take the cover
off every 2 weeks or so im usually upgrading it anyway, and take a small
amount of air pressure usually a balloon with a small tube on the end to
restrict air flow and blow the dust out, or use a compressor but with liitle
pressure it helps keep things clean from circuit problems like intermittent
shorts, in the navy we have to pull our equipment apart and make sure
everything is clean from dust grease etc. youd be surprised at how well
problems are less likely to occur if you clean the hardware