Hallo  I have this same problem ...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 1:16 PM
Subject: [newbie] kernel panic

hi everybody :)
I have just installed mandrake 7.0 lnx4win
everything >seems< to be working fine, but when I try to start linux, it continues a bit past the part where harddrives are being detected, and then displays something like:
kernel panic: could not locate root 08:01
or something like that
not very concise, but I didn't have the time to take notes..

I believe my system specs are adequate.. 128 ram, amd k7 600, 2 gb free drive space

also, in case you can't help.. what is the easiest way to install mandrake for a guy who has been tormented by Bill for countless years?

Inge

Title: Linux 7

What is wrong with with my start of linux..?